Wy60 at high baud rates

Eric P. Scott epsilon at wet.UUCP
Sun Aug 20 21:07:39 AEST 1989

In article <6021 at lynx.UUCP> m5 at lynx.uucp (Mike McNally) writes:
>Here's an update in a relevant vein: one of our 60's just made a loud
>"ZING" noise and blew out.  Just like the rest.  This one had been
>serviced recently.
>
>And no, our power is not "unstable".  We have countless other devices
>that run happily without smoking.

San Francisco State University just received a donation of about
5 dozen Wyse 60s... I'm told that about a dozen have already died
and I smelled the smoke from one all the way down the hall...

Now, would someone please explain to me why the DELETE key
toggles between FDX and BLK mode when using VT100 emulation?
Being able to send DELETE is somewhat essential for VAX/VMS
systems...
					-=EPS=-