Ethernet boards for ISC 386/ix

Bill Kuykendall wek at point.UUCP
Tue Aug 15 03:00:07 AEST 1989

>The only other potential problem is that the ISC sysadm script for
>configuring host based TCP/IP wants to set an IRQ of 3 to 7 for this
>board.  Well, all of those are taken in my present configuration, and
>the board will support IRQ 2.  Thus, I edited the sysadm script to allow
>me to set an IRQ of 2 (and of course set the board likewise).  Assuming
>that's not causing a problem, then I guess I have to conclude the board

Ya gotta watch that 'assuming' stuff!  IRQ2 may well be your problem.  I've
had a number of problems with IRQ2 under ISC 2.01.  Come to think of it, I
haven't gotten *anything* to work on IRQ2 since I upgraded from 1.0.6.  As a
test, pull something else out and try this board on another interupt.  If it
works, you can worry about what to keep later.