Microsoft Word & (SCO) Unix 3.2

John R. Levine johnl at esegue.uucp
Fri Aug 18 08:17:55 AEST 1989

In article <LARRY.89Aug17095648 at focsys.UUCP> larry at UUCP (Larry Williamson) writes:
>SCO markets a Xenix/Unix version of Microsoft Word. The
>version is 3.0.4, (according to an SCO sales rep).  How does
>this version of MSWord compare with MSWord 5.0?

Word 3.0 is a very obsolete version, several years old.  I wouldn't
get it.  It's missing a lot of the nice new features like graphics
import and a usable speller.  Even though I prefer Word to Word
Perfect, if I wanted a program for my Unix box I'd go with Word
Perfect because the vendor acts a lot more like they're serious
about supporting and maintaining it.
--
John R. Levine, Segue Software, POB 349, Cambridge MA 02238, +1 617 492 3869
{ima|lotus}!esegue!johnl, johnl at ima.isc.com, Levine at YALE.something