write error on 2nd tape - using Archive VP60e

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Mon Dec 25 16:28:59 AEST 1989

In article <8912230518.AA05930 at decwrl.dec.com> paine at fungus.dec.com (Willy Paine) writes:

>I have Interactive 386/ix v2.0.2 and Archive VP 60e tape drive using
>D600 cartridge (60meg).  I have no problem installing and running tape
>only in first time.  After at the end of tape, the message displays to
>insert another volume of tape and press y to continue.  It is always
>stopped with write errors.  This is same for tar, cpio, afio and even
>commercial ctar.  I believe that there is something I have to modify
>default setting under /etc.
>
>I have NO problem with Xenix and SCO Unix 3.2 using same tape drives and
>I can use five tapes in single full backup but I can not do more than
>one tape in one backup.
>
>Can you please help me with setting up Archive tape so I can do more
>than one tape in single backup?

This sounds like a problem with the driver that Archive supplies.

Have you contacted them?  ISC doesn't support the Archive drive directly...I
presume (possibly in error) that you are using their driver.  What is the
date of the driver?

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]