Pic on ISC's 386/ix 2.0.2 locks system hard.

Liam R. E. Quin lee at sq.sq.com
Sun Dec 3 12:27:02 AEST 1989

[sorry if I'm a few days behind, news takes longer to reach us because the
 Canadian cold weather reduces the speed of light			:-)]

In article <1989Nov28.014033.4277 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>In article <LARRY.89Nov27150018 at focsys.uucp>, larry at focsys.uucp (Larry Williamson) writes:
>> This happened with our 1.0.6 system as well. When ever anyone here
>> runs pic (DWB 2.0), our system would lock up so hard, that the only
>> recourse was to power off the computer. I had to remove pic.
>
>Not that this is any real help.....
>I have Elan's EROFF
Luck you....
I have had problems with both Elan's pic and SoftQuad's sqpic, but determined
in the end that the problem was that the documentation for the Acer 386
motherboard I was using was in error, and I had the jumpers for whether or
not a 387 is present set incorrectly.
Another symptom was that /etc/dfspace hung (in awk), making it a little
hard to log on...

Check that your CMOS Setup configuration has the '387 listed.

Lee
--
Liam R. Quin, Unixsys (UK) Ltd [note: not an employee of "sq" - a visitor!]
lee at sq.com (Whilst visiting Canada from England, until Christmas)