ix386 video memory

Terry Carlin terry at fortytwo.UUCP
Fri Dec 29 08:32:48 AEST 1989

I have to write a program to emulate "mouse.sys".  I have it all done
except:
	I have to save the character I will overlay with the mouse cursor
and restore it when the mouse moves off this character.

I have looked at display(7) in the Operating System Guide.  It seems to state
I have to be in graphics mode to get at the screen buffer and probably
program the EGA card directly.

Does someone out there have some sample source or advice that might help me
out?

I know I should use X-Windows, but I don't port this application to X now.

Thanks,
Terry Carlin
uunet!hbiso!terry
think!fortytwo!terry
--
Terry Carlin      Bull HN Worldwide Information Systems
UUCP: think!fortytwo!terry or uunet!hbiso!fortytwo!terry