Fast parallel driver for Unix/Xenix AT?

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.com
Fri Dec 8 06:29:24 AEST 1989

According to emmo at moncam.co.uk (Dave Emmerson):
>According to chip at ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg):
>> When printing to an HP LaserJet II or a Printronix 600, the printer most
>> definitely is _not_ the bottleneck.
>
>As I recall, the poster only said 'printer', not 'laserprinter'.
>Sure there's a world of difference.

I was the original poster.  I said 'printer'.  The 600 isn't a laser printer,
it's a dot-matrix line printer with a row of pixel hammers across the page.

In any case, the real application for which I want a fast parallel driver
isn't a printer at all.  It's another peripheral that, for software
compatibility reasons, pretends to be a standard IBM printer port.
--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>