Why no job control in 386/ix?

Michael Borza mike at antel.uucp
Mon Dec 4 06:52:59 AEST 1989

In article <15244 at haddock.ima.isc.com> suitti at anchovy.UUCP (Stephen Uitti) writes:
>OK, I'm getting tired of reading how 386/ix doesn't have Job
>Control (JC).  As a developer, I've been running an inhouse
>version of JC for some time.  386/ix has JC starting with
>2.1[.0].

And who out there in netland that actually paid money for 386/ix is
running 2.1?  To the best of my knowledge, 2.0.2 is the latest
released version.  I've certainly never received a notice that
I could upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.1.  If 2.1 has been released for
general consumption, I'd be delighted to be corrected (and I'd like
my copy).  If not, then you as an ISC insider with access to both
unreleased information and software have no business slamming users
who are expressing their wishes for future product enhancements.

I have enjoyed (and hope to continue to enjoy) the presence of ISC
people on the net.  I do not enjoy the occasional inference that
we customers must be inept because we don't have access to the
same resources as our supplier.
--
Michael Borza              Antel Optronics Inc.
(416)335-5507              3325B Mainway, Burlington, Ont., Canada  L7M 1A6