Use a 386 unix as a home machine?

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Mon Dec 25 16:32:40 AEST 1989

In article <511102 at nstar.UUCP> larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>> Would the kind folx at Interactive, Dell, SCO, ESIX, etc. be so kind
>> as to post, at regular intervals, their latest lists of "approved"
>
>Dan, you can always call the vendors and ask for a copy of the "approved
>and tested hardware".  I know I received one from SCO, Interactive and
>ESIX.

One other possibility that many seem to overlook:

Buy both the OS and the machine from a vendor who has tested and will
support the confiuration you wish to use.

Sure, this might cost a few more bucks (usually not many however).  It will,
however, insure that the system works as intended when it is delivered.

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]