SCO and 2.3 286 upgrade (WAS Re: Experience with SCO UNIX 5.3)

Roger Cornelius rac at sherpa.uucp
Thu Dec 14 04:54:13 AEST 1989

>From article <1989Dec12.152441.23129 at ddsw1.MCS.COM>, by karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger):
>
> Then there is the 2.3 OS version for the 286, which doesn't have a 2.3
> compiler release.  That is yet another problem, and a serious one for
> some of our current customers.  I've got one right now who is rather miffed
> that we are unable to provide a 2.3 development system although he can get a
> 2.3 OS version!

SCO also sold me a 2.2x -> 2.3 TP system upgrade (update T, which
consists of only on-line manual pages) after I purchased the 2.3 OS
upgrade.  Since the development system won't be released, my on-line man
pages are now out of sync with the development system.  At the time I
ordered, a 2.3 development system was to be released.  Now I have to
either screw around with installing parts of both the old and new
versions of on-line manual pages, or install one or the other and have
certain manual pages be wrong.

--
Roger A. Cornelius           rac at sherpa            uunet!sherpa!rac