WP50 Sun-River

WSHB employee michaelb at wshb.UUCP
Wed Dec 13 05:02:11 AEST 1989

> On another note, I am considering purchasing some Sun River terminals to
> hook up to the system for the express purpose of running WP50, and other
> DOS software.

I have four Sun River terminals on an AST 386 running SCO XENIX. I only use
the two user version of VP/ix but my experience should be indicitave.
I have foud that, for the most part, any problems I have getting DOS soft-
ware to run under VP/ix is a limitation of VP/ix and not the terminals.
I guess I mean the Sun Rivers are extremely good imitations of the
DOS CON: device. I find I can run any graphics package which will run on
the system console without any trouble on the fiber terminals.

The Sun Rivers are extremely expensive however. We use them because of
their resistance to RFI problems. If you don't have a severe RF environment
you may want to check out some of the copper based options first. I have
never worked with any of these, and am  not at all dissatisfied with the
fiber terminals, but cost often seems to be a big issue.

--
Michael Batchelor  -  Systems / Operations Engineer
WSHB - An International Broadcast Station of