Word Perfect 5.0

Tim Brown tim at comcon.UUCP
Mon Dec 11 18:58:08 AEST 1989

Just wanted to post a quick thanks to all who responded to my request for
help getting WP5.0 to run under ISC202 and vpix.  I recieved quite a few
responces and each contributed to fill in pieces of the puzzle.  This is
what I found out:

1. Don't run the program unixpath in the autoexec.bat.  This program
changes the back slash path seperator into a forward slash for
compatibility with unix.  Don't use it.

2. You cannot run WP from the DOS partition via z: drive ie by mounting
it.  The capability exists to mount the dos partition like any other unix
partition, you can do this just don't run WP50 using that path.

All that understood, you can run WP50 from anywhere!

I tested succesfully from C: (private drive)
			  D: (Dos partition)
			  Z: (unix drive)

One of the responces I received was from a XENIX user and he indicated
that WP50 will only run from the DOS partition.

BTW, WP5.1 also works with equally good results.

Tim Brown                           |
Computer Connection                 |
(attmail or uunet)!comcon!tim       |