getty..not hanging up

Ron Stanions sauron at dsoft.UUCP
Mon Dec 25 10:02:08 AEST 1989

In article <196 at comcon.UUCP> tim at comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) writes:
>What would cause getty to *sometimes* not hang up the phne when a user
>logs off?

In your instance, you'll probably find that the stty settings on your
com port are set to -hupcl.  Look in your /etc/gettydefs and make sure that
in all of your modem's baud-rate cycles you have it so that 'hupcl' is
included in the second and third parameter sections of each line. For example,
if a user logs on at 2400 baud the system may hang him up okay, but a user
on 1200 uses a different setup line in gettydefs.

By default the 386/ix system seems not to set hupcl either way, and I've
had similar problems.  by forcing it to hupcl, my modems have
disconnected the users successfully every time so far.

--
 Ron Stanions -- sauron at dsoft     \_/\--/\_/     All things posted by me are
  dsoft system administrator       < \  / >     by-products of a deranged mind