xdm exits after first xsession

Markus N. Richardson markus at ti.com
Mon Dec 18 05:33:12 AEST 1989

How do you configure xdm to *not* terminate unless you are going to shutdown?
I have tried using "xdm -daemon" and/or (according to documentation) setting
"DisplayManager.DISPLAY.TerminateServer: FALSE" in /usr/lib/X11/xdm/xdm-config
but after the initial user xsession is completed, xdm exits to the invoking
shell.  I have created an init system state 4 which starts up xdm in a shell
script in /etc/rc4.d/, but I am just trying to get this to work from the
shell command line first.  Once I get xdm configured correctly, how does one
shutdown under xdm?
--
Markus R.
markus at ti.com

A .sig file?  I don't have any spare inodes!