Precision/386 Motherboard and Unix - HELP!

r..diamond rmd at cbnewsl.ATT.COM
Fri Dec 22 07:13:43 AEST 1989

Hello,
	I am attempting to run Unix (interactive/386) on a precision
motherboard with 4MB ram.  I can not boot Unix off the hard drive after
running the built-in setup utility in rom, but must instead run a standard
AT setup disk (which tells me system options NOT set when I boot it!!!).
Is there something I am doing wrong?  Can I patch the CMOS somehow?  I
don't mind having to run a separate disk, except that the setup program I
have clears the "custom" hard drive setup (type 47).  The onboard setup
works fine with DOS, however.
						thanx in advance,
__
 Robert Diamond          (201) 576-2357        /\
        AT&T Lincroft 1A-205                  /RO\
 ...!att!lzatt!rmd                            \BD/
                                               \/