Help with mail

Gordon C. Galligher gorpong at telxon.UUCP
Tue Dec 5 14:59:00 AEST 1989

In article <109 at gizzmo.UUCP>, mark at gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard) writes:
> I checked over the install.mail in /usr/lib, ran it and am having serious
> new mail problems now.
[..example deleted]
> The mail gets sent, but the date line is first rather than the from line,
> which kill the mailer upon trying to read it.
>
> Any Ideas?

Yes, look in the sendmail.cf file for the line (about line number 268) which
looks like:

Mlocal, P=/bin/lmail, F=lsDFMhumSU, S=10, R=20, A=lmail -s $u
                                 ^
If you check out your sendmail.ocf file you will see that the U didn't exist
in the Mlocal line.  If you comment out that line and re-type it without
the U (or just change it and and hope you remember you took it out :-)
then that should fix your problems.

		-- Gordon.

--
Gordon C. Galligher  <|> ..!uunet!telxon!gorpong <|> telxon!gorpong at uunet.uu.net