SL/IP for ISC

Steven H. Izen izen at amelia.nas.nasa.gov
Wed Dec 13 16:32:33 AEST 1989

In article <179 at tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM> jml at tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
>After numerous mail requests, I decided the easiest thing to do would
>be to just post this source for SL/IP.
>
>Disclaimer: I am nothing but a user of this code.

[ sl/ip source deleted]

I downloaded the source, and tried building it.  It didn't compile because
I was missing some header files since I currently don't have tcp/ip
installed.  I found copies of the missing headers on the 386/ix distribution
disks for micom interlan tcp/ip.  After I installed them in the appropriate
directories the driver compiled.  At this point I am baffled.  I know how to
patch the set of /etc/conf files and rebuild my kernel.  That's not what is
troubling me.  It's the step after that.  Since I don't have tcp/ip on my
machine, I don't have any of the daemons or setup files referred to.

So what do I do?  Can I get sl/ip up without having tcp/ip as well?  Do I
have to install the tcp/ip first, even though I have no ethernet card?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx (in advance, of course.)
--
Steve Izen: {sun,uunet}!cwjcc!skybridge!izen386!steve  / Quote corner:
or steve%izen386.uucp at skybridge.scl.cwru.edu          /