Help with mail

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Tue Dec 12 02:00:59 AEST 1989

In article <511067 at nstar.UUCP> larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:

>I am running ISC Unix 3.2 which uses sendmail as a mailer.
>
>Mail is running fine, and paths and aliases are working - but
>I can't find the "transports" file - which I need to move the
>mail for by bbs users over into the correct directory.  Where
>is this file checked for?

Transports is a "Smail 3" file.

You need to either install smail 3 (which isn't a bad idea :-) or write a
ruleset for sendmail that does the same thing as the rerouting of bbs users
that smail 3 knows how to do.

The second is probably going to be harder than the first option :-)

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]