vpix problems

WSHB employee michaelb at wshb.UUCP
Sat Dec 9 07:05:39 AEST 1989

> :has a DOS partition (32 MB) on the disk which is mounted with:
> :	mount -f DOS /dev/dsk/0p1 /dos
> VP/ix must then translate back to a DOS file system, why not access
> the DOS partition directly from VP/ix with an entry in vpix.cnf:
>
> ; MS-DOS partition on first hard disk
> D			/dev/hd00

I have used this method at my site and it works quite well. Before you can
do it, though, you must set the file permissions on /dev/hd00 to make
it readable by your intended users ie. rwxr--r-- . I am running a 386
box with SCO XENIX but I'm fairly certain the same applies to all of the
VP/ix implementations.

Also, since this will be a sharable resource, none of the users will
have write permission, similar to the VP/ix standard boot image disk.
We haven't found this to be much of a restriction.

--
Michael Batchelor - Systems / Operations Engineer
WSHB - An International Broadcast Station of