Computone Board Now OK

Jerry D. Pierce jdp at PacBell.COM
Thu Dec 21 14:08:15 AEST 1989

I had posted about a week ago that I was having trouble with
gettys which wouldn't die on my computone board under Interactive
Unix 2.0.2 on a Compaq 386/20e.

Doug at Interactive responded via e-mail:

>Make sure you've done the 'configure HPDD' part of kconfig to get
>it to remove all but the controller module(s) you're using.
>If only an AT-compatible, this should use only INT 14.  Note that
>this will also free up 5 and 11 (Future Domain and Adaptec SCSI)...

I'm glad to report that running kconfig and selecting the HPDD
option (number 7) allowed me to "clear" int 15.  I re-ran the
Computone installation (after re-setting the jumper to use int 15)
and ....

It works!  I can now kill getty's and access the card normally!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded with various
suggestions!!

   Jerry Pierce
   pacbell!pbhyf!jdp