ISC update

James Van Artsdalen james at raid.dell.com
Thu Dec 28 16:15:23 AEST 1989

In <8912191952.AA12532 at decwrl.dec.com>, paine at rust.dec.com (Willy Paine) wrote:

> I am still getting wrong sender's address (either uucp or root) instead
> of true sender's name on all incomming uucp mail.  I am still looking
> for help.   Xenix, SCO Unix and even DEC Ultrix are beautiful mailing
> system.

> I still have serious mail header problem (sendmail may be a big
> problem).

Do "strings /bin/rmail" and look and see if you can find anything that
looks like "-f%s".  If you can't, and /bin/rmail is handing mail to
sendmail for delivery, then /bin/rmail is the problem.  If sendmail is
not presented the -f switch, it assumes that the user who ran sendmail
is the sender.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen          james at raid.dell.com       "Live Free or Die"
Dell Computer Corporation  9505 Arboretum Blvd Austin TX 78759  512-338-8789