ESIX Networks and X

Bob Palowoda palowoda at fiver.UUCP
Thu Dec 14 21:23:04 AEST 1989

>From article <453 at everex.UUCP>, by jde at everex.UUCP (-Jeff Ellis):

> Yes ESIX support is available via uucp send any e-mail to
> jde at everex.uucp (not jeff at everex) or esixtech at everex.uucp.
> All mail sent to these accounts are printed dailey and put into a
> log book. I answer mail sent to me normally within 24 hours if possible.
> The Everex north software lab is NOT qualified to answer non-DOS questions.

  Excuse me, I meant to reference any questions about there 88000 UNIX systems.

  Speaking of tech support, do you have any list of system tuneable
parameters the would help performance with machines with let's say 8meg
of memory? Or any of the streams tuneable parameters that would affect
ftp, Xwindows etc?

  Some more detailed questions are:

  How does NUMTIM affect streams efficacy?

  What factors come in when setting the number of NBK sizes?

  What does increaseing the number of NQUEUE's do with respect
  to a single user and multiusers?

  What streams tuneable factors take more effect for a single user
  useing Xwindows or a network as opposed to multiple users?

---Bob

--
Bob Palowoda  pacbell!indetech!palowoda    *Home of Fiver BBS*  login: bbs
Home {sun|daisy}!ys2!fiver!palowoda         (415)-623-8809 1200/2400