/etc/issue choking uucp logins

Stan Voket asv at gaboon.UUCP
Mon Dec 25 16:13:56 AEST 1989

     I have a full screen /etc/issue that I'd like to display on unused
     terminals to clear a previous user's work for security and neatness.
     However, a full screen of anything is not what another machine likes or
     needs when trying to login for a uucp transfer.  It has caused remote
     logins to fail.  How can I display my large /etc/issue for local
     terminals but not on dialup lines?

     Thanks in advance!  :-)