Fast parallel driver for Unix/Xenix AT?

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.com
Thu Nov 23 04:47:32 AEST 1989

SCO Xenix, like all AT Unixen, is shipped with a driver for IBM parallel
ports.  Unfortunately, at least with SCO Xenix, the parallel driver uses the
internal kernel data structures (clists) intended for use with serial lines.
The use of clists lowers the speed of parallel to something far slower than
the hardware could support otherwise.

We need a fast parallel driver.  Perhaps some one of you, out there, has
also seen the need for a simple, fast parallel driver for IBM parallel
ports.  If you have such a beast, or know where I can get one, please let me
know.  It's a crying shame to have slow printer output when it's the driver
causing the slowdown.

Please E-Mail replies (and/or code :-)).  I'll summarize to the net.
--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>