Console Driver questions

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.uucp
Thu Nov 23 18:31:17 AEST 1989

In article <1989Nov22.003520.14232 at daver.UU.NET> dlr at daver.UU.NET (Dave Rand) writes:

>The symptom of this problem is that the boxes surrounding some of
>the messages displayed during the use of pcomm are corrupt. Usually

>Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a workaround? Is there a fix?

The workaround is to do a "stty -tabs" in /etc/profile for the console
vt's only.  The bug, near as I can tell, is that there is no tabstop
set in column 73.  You can see this if you type a bunch of tabs at
the command prompt.  The last one will skip from column 65 to the next line
if "stty tabs" is turned on.

-Rick
--
Rick Richardson |       Looking for FAX software for UNIX/386 ??????     mention
PC Research,Inc.|                  WE'RE SHIPPING			 your