Online Manual needed (was Re: ISC vs SCO UNIX review)

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Fri Nov 10 10:04:03 AEST 1989

dpi at loft386.UUCP (Doug Ingraham) writes:

>I know I have seen the online question before.  If I remember correctly
>the answer as to why they (insert Unix Vendor here) don't include man pages
>is that AT&T treats them as source and wants an outrageous amount for
>them.  Something like $10000.  Seems crazy to me too.

This amount is for the  unformatted man pages. Surely, any Unix vendor
could include nroff formatted man pages if SCO can.
Pim Zandbergen                                   domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                                  uucp   : ..!uunet!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70                    phone  : +31 70 542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands               fax    : +31 70 512837