SYS V R4 - When will it be released for Generic 386 boxes?

Marco S Hyman marc at dumbcat.UUCP
Sun Nov 12 10:28:51 AEST 1989

In article <[2553c481:416.2]comp.unix.i386;1 at vpnet.UUCP> lisbon at vpnet.UUCP (Gerry Swetsky) writes:
        Interactive plans a
        new release though - Release 2.2.  This WON'T be ATT V.4, but an
        interim release.  I couldn't get anyone to tell me the reason for
        the release or what all it will contain.

I'd guess that that would be the POSIX compliant version.  The POSIX
compliant version is supposed to include job control, multiple groups, and
enhanced signals.  This was supposed to be available 31august.  Maybe it was
and I didn't notice.  I'd sure like job control tho...

--marc
--
// Marco S. Hyman		{ames,pyramid,sun}!pacbell!dumbcat!marc