386/ix - Which version of VP/ix is Current?

Bill Diamond diamond at hdchq.UUCP
Fri Nov 17 07:13:40 AEST 1989

In the last few weeks, I have received several distributions of VP/ix; to
wit:
	1.1.0
	1.1.1
	2.0.0

Would someone please advise me which is the true, current distribution? I
have installed 1.1.1, but the VP/ix boot message says "1.0.1". Can anyone
explain what's going on here?

We have such terrible problems with VP/ix that it has nearly shut down our
operations; many of my users are dependent upon VP/ix. At present,
I am using VI to prepare this text, while streams of green stripes
dance around my screen.

Also, does anyone know how to fix, or at least stop terminal trashing by
VP/ix on the SunRiver workstations?  Frequently, when a user is in
WordPerfect under VP/ix, other users received fragments of the VP/ix users
display on their screens.  Also, as I cited in a previous posting, keyboard
problems run rampant.

As much as I love the 386/ix implementation of the UNIX operating system,
if ISC doesn't stabilize VP/ix, I will have to return everything (two
complete configurations, including TCP/IP, NFS, X11, and all development
systems) to ISC for refund.