Pic on ISC's 386/ix 2.0.2 locks system hard.

Larry Williamson larry at focsys.uucp
Wed Nov 29 05:08:51 AEST 1989

In article <LARRY.89Nov27150018 at focsys.uucp> I wrote:
> Whenever anyone here runs pic (DWB 2.0), our system would lock up
> so hard, that the only recourse was to power off the computer.

I received mail and have seen postings from each of these people:
 . cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill)
 . rick at pcrat.uucp (Rick Richardson)
 . Dick Dunn <watmath!ico.isc.com!rcd>
 . Preston Gurd <watmath!watcgl.waterloo.edu!rpgurd>

They all suggested that the problem is probably related to the old
infamous 386/387 incompability.

And they are correct. I swapped the double sigma 386 out of the
machine with the 387 and put in a 386DX chip. Pic now seems to work
like a charm.

Thanks.
-Larry