Equinox multi port boards

mel mel at fleet.UUCP
Tue Nov 28 21:18:40 AEST 1989

In article <4576 at gaboon.UUCP> asv at gaboon.UUCP (Stan Voket) writes:
>I'm also getting very high throughput on the Telebit.

I understand that the demos shown were for 24 terminals streaming output at
38,400 baud.  But what about input?  Can an Equinox board take input of
binary data in as BBS program to the upload section.   Seems like six
ports is the max recommended number of serial lines useable with BBS/modems
due to the fact that most multi-port boards are optimized for output not
input and get overloaded when that many serial lines are receiving data at
high speed at one time.

Mel Shear
!rex!mgse!fleet!mel