> 2 ttys under 386/ix

Stan Voket asv at gaboon.UUCP
Sun Nov 12 14:06:38 AEST 1989

In article <6603 at columbia.edu> ji at close.cs.columbia.edu (John Ioannidis) writes:
>Are there any serial cards with 8 or 16 serial ports that are
>supported by Interactive's 386/ix?
>
>Please reaply by e-mail and I'll summarize to the net.
>
>/ji

I've recently installed an Equinox Megaport 24 port board in my 386/25
box.  (It sounds like alot of ports but their 12 port board hasn't hit
the streets quite yet.) This board is GREAT!  I've been able to
accomplish things that I've always wanted to with smart boards.  I've
got the following devices hung off it.

1- Old Epson mx80 with a serial to parallel adapter. 1200 baud.
1- Brother daisy wheel printer at 9600 baud
1- Wyse 60 terminal operating at 38400 baud.
1- Telebit Trailblazer doing bi-directional news at 19200 baud.
1- Microsoft serial mouse for X window use.
1- x10 house control computer interface box.

I used to have the Telebit and the mouse on the standard COM ports
along with the mx80 printer.  By using the Equinox board I was able to
get all my devices on one board and eliminate the COM board and free
up a slot.

If you have any specific questions please respond to the net as I've having sendmail configuration nightmares.