DOS emulation under 386/ix

Tom Friedel tpf at jdyx.UUCP
Sat Oct 14 09:03:33 AEST 1989

fritzz at lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu (fritz zaucker) writes:

>Hi,

>I made some benchmarks with the VP/ix Dos emulation under
>386/ix ver.2.02.  The interesting thing was that running it
>under VP/ix was about 5 times slower than running it under
>pure DOS.

I've found most programs run less than 2 times slower, but I have
one non-graphics program that runs probably five times slower.  I
have a math co-processor, if this is of interest.  Any ideas...

Tom

--
Tom Friedel  (404) 320-7624 tpf at jdyx.UUCP CIS: 71131,3234
also:  tpf at jdyx.atlanta.ga.us ...gatech!emory!jdyx!tpf