X5 Update - Serial Bugs

Steven H. Izen izen at amelia.nas.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 11 15:02:57 AEST 1989

In article <[2531618a:210]comp.unix.i386 at tronsbox.UUCP> tron1 at tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:

>Well, I am about ready to give up on ISC 2.0.2 .
>   perform right . Getty's hang and won't "kill -9". Ports will drop
>   characters at will.

I'm using X5 with two 2400 baud modems, one bidirectionally.  I regularly use
uucico, cu and kermit and have had no problems.  For me it works as advertised.
What configuration was giving you problems?  Were you using TB modems?  Are
you sure that the hardware is o.k.?  Interrupts set correctly?

--
Steve Izen: {sun,uunet}!cwjcc!skybridge!izen386!steve
or steve%izen386.uucp at skybridge.scl.cwru.edu
or izen at cwru.cwru.edu		"My second bike is a car."