BOOT floppy

Darryl Richman darryl at ism780c.isc.com
Thu Oct 12 22:58:03 AEST 1989

In article <1772 at lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu> fritzz at lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu (fritz zaucker) writes:
"My Boot-floppy doesn't boot anymore. I get the message:
"
"NOTICE: no space on floppy disk unit 0, partition 2
"
"Help needed !!!

Do the following to your boot floppy after placing it into the drive:

# just in case, save what you've got
dd if=/dev/dsk/f0q15dt of=/tmp/image
fsck /dev/dsk/f0q15d
mount /dev/dsk/f0q15d /mnt
rm /mnt/tmp/*
rm /mnt/core
umount /mnt

If the install process crashes or is broken out from, it tends to leave
a bunch of files in tmp.  There are only so many blocks available on a
floppy, so it doesn't take long to use them up.  You have made a backup
of the floppy, haven't you?  In fact, it's a good idea to make a second
backup with some useful tools such as fsdb to use as a maintenance disk.

"Thanks a lot

You're welcome.

		--Darryl Richman
--
Copyright (c) 1989 Darryl Richman    The views expressed are the author's alone
darryl at ism780c.isc.com 		      INTERACTIVE Systems Corp.-A Kodak Company