Emacs command line editing

John Plocher plocher at sally.Sun.COM
Sun Oct 15 16:18:41 AEST 1989

+--- In <1989Oct12.211230.3356 at mccc.uucp> Pete Holsberg writes:
| I set EDITOR, VISUAL, and FCEDIT to "emacs" but I still can't do emacs-style
| command line editing with the KSH that came with the Development System with
| Microport 3.0e.  Is this a known bug or have I just missed setting something?
+---
The Microport ksh was compiled to only support the "vi" mode.  There
was a newer version that supported both "vi" and "emacs" modes posted
on the Microport BBS (R.I.P).  The executable *is* on the "BBS disk set"
avaliable from Microport (Last I heard, $US 20.00)

You are doing all the right things, but the software is ignoring you.  Get
the "good" version and it will work (But, why do you want emacs mode anyway?)

   -John (inveterate vi user :-) Plocher

P.S.,
  Please, NO editor wars here!  Use email to plocher at sun.com if you *MUST*...