Text Processing Workbench question

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.uucp
Tue Oct 17 18:50:14 AEST 1989

In article <113 at dumbcat.UUCP> marc at dumbcat.UUCP (Marco S Hyman) writes:
>Before worying about trivial little things like output formats ask if the
>DWB works at all.  The very first thing I tried envolved tbl.  The output
>was:
>	usage: /usr/bin/tbl [-T X] [--] [file] ... [-]
>
>No matter what the command line that's all the output you'll get.  A call to
>ISC confirmed that tbl was broken.  And no, there is no fix.  And yes, it
>will be fixed the next release.  Maybe some time this year.
>
>According to the man page the supported output devices are aps (Autologic
>APS-5) and i10 (Imagen Imprint 10).

There is a fix for 2.0.x "tbl" if you bug ISC enough.  Worst case, you can
get the 1.0.6 "tbl", which didn't show the bug.  This "tbl" problem
must be one of ISC's biggest black eyes, and yet its still like
pulling teeth to get the fix.

You can also get JetRoff from us if you care to print to the
HP LaserJet Series II/IIP or the DeskJet Plus.  This is your
cheapest, fastest troff printing solution.

--
Rick Richardson |       Looking for FAX software for UNIX/386 ??????     mention
PC Research,Inc.|                  WE'RE SHIPPING			 your