cheap Micronics motherboard source sought

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Mon Oct 9 06:53:52 AEST 1989

In article <2051 at frog.UUCP> barr at frog.UUCP (Chris Barr) writes:
>I'm re-posting this from comp.sys.ibmpc in response to Micronics queries
>in this newsgroup:
>
>In article <640013 at hpcilzb.HP.COM> mark at hpcilzb.HP.COM (Mark Turner) writes:
>>Try 3-6 Computers in Hollywood, CA, 213-851-6736.  I know they do mail
>>order.  I bought my Micronics at Micro Systems Engineering, Cupertino,
>>CA, 408-257-4249.  I don't think they mail order, but you could ask.

I am a customer of MSE as is my sister.  Let me (lest I damn with faint
priase) say that they have bent over backwards to help me every time I
had a problem.  They are honest and sincere but not technically experienced
enough to handle anything beyond vanilla MS-DOS.  Further, they can't fix
something they assembled wrong.  I want to repeat that they are honest and
sincere, just not versed in anything beyond DOS cloneware.  They stood
behind everything they sold me to the extent they were capable.  I also had
some communications difficulties with them.  It was embarrassing to each
of us when after asking for the fourth repeat I figured out he was saying
"Four megabytes".  In the cases where the MSE folks just couldn't handle it,
I was sold something else (at a fair price) or referred to their suppliers
where I was able to get results.  If you're right there and can go see them
on a regular basis, they're good people.  From a distance I wouldn't deal
with them on a bet.

>>One other possibility is to call Robert at Micronics Tech Support.  He
>>has been very helpful to me and knows lots of dealers.  408-732-9240.

That's where my sister and I have gotten the best information.
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {attctc,att,cs.utexas.edu,sun!daver}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM   or attmail!ssbn!bill