Boot Problems with 386/ix

fritz zaucker fritzz at lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu
Sat Oct 14 03:37:40 AEST 1989

Hi,
first of all I want to thank all the people who tried to help
me with my boot problems.
Next all the people who answerd the X11 / Orchid question. To post
the answer: there is an Upgrade from ISC which resolves these problems.

BUT:
I still have problems to boot from the 386/ix floppy disk.
I tried my disk on the machine of a colleague and my diskette and his
both boot without problems on his machine. But neither of them does
on mine. I get the message:
respawnning to fast,
r0  -sh  .....
If I read the manuals they tell me that a program can't be loaded or
something like that. Now I have really no idea what else I could try.
Any suggestions?

By the way, is there any way to enter the system if the passwd file
got corrupted? I can login as a user, but the root password is not
recognized. And remember I can't boot from the floppy disk.
Thanks for any help
Fritz