Backup utilities for ix-386

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Thu Oct 19 23:43:29 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct19.031746.25893 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> nvk at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Norman Kohn) writes:

>Oh, yes. DO NOT try to do your restores interactively. USE A SHELL
>SCRIPT, lest you inadvertently, in your zeal to recover your precious
>files, accidentally write instead of reading the tape.  (After all,
>you're more used to writing it, aren't you?

That's what the little twisty thing is for on the tapes.

I >NEVER< put a tape back in the box with that set to "writable".  Always on
"SAFE".  Then you have to think before you scribble on the tape, and if you
intend to restore you can't write over your saveset.

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 312 566-8911], Voice: [+1 312 566-8910]