inittab action entries under ISC 386/ix

Alan Murphy alan at dialogic.UUCP
Thu Oct 5 00:46:07 AEST 1989

Hi,
 I am developing device drivers under ISC 386/ix 3.2 and I
need to be able to create an inittab entry at build time. I
thought I could use the action word bootwait (basically the
operation involves downloading code to a controller at power up
time). However, on the first system reboot after rebuilding the
kernel, my inittab entry is not acted upon (I suspect that init
examines the old inittab first and subsequently rebuilds inittab
using the new information). All subsequent reboots work fine. Can
someone confirm my suspicion? Has anyone had similar experiences?
Any help appreciated.

 Thanks
Alan Murphy. Dialogic Corp.