windows=7 patch needed

John L. Grzesiak jlg at odicon.UUCP
Fri Oct 27 07:55:32 AEST 1989

In article <[2542f60d:62.1]comp.unix.i386;1 at nstar.UUCP>, akcs.larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
> >     Would someone please e-mail the above to me.  This is for 386/ix 2.0.2's
> >     uucico.
>
> This patch is for SCO Xenix's uucico.  I have a friend who installed the
> xenix patched uucico under ISC 2.02 - and it took out his hard disk (that
> happened on a regular basis under 386/ix).

The windows variable is defined under H.D.B. uucp. Anyone who would
 use a system specific XENIX binary, deserves to have his disk go funny.
 I'm not positive but I think ISC delivers the binary stripped so you
 can't use the same patch procedure. But if you could find the window
 variable in the binary the same procedure should work by specifing the
 address instead of the label.

	* John Grzesiak @ Omega Dynamics :  Specializing in UNIX/XENIX    *
	* Meriden Ct USA                 :    Consulting . . .            *
        * jlg at odicon or spock!odicon!jlg : gaboon!odicon!jlg              *