Mylex SCSI Controller, 16550A UARTS

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Wed Oct 11 05:46:16 AEST 1989

In article <6075 at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM>, keithe at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) writes:

|  	Have you tried dd'ing _to_ the drive to see what it's write
|  rate is?  We've found there to be an AMAZING (ly disappointing)
|  difference betwixt read & rite rates!

  No, and unless someone gives me a machine which needs the disk
reloaded I won't. Doing a dd to the raw device assures that the data are
contiguous, but writing to a raw device is a good way to leave a very
dead filesystem.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon