sprintf and rn

Rich Patterson rp at rpx.UUCP
Sun Sep 3 01:58:59 AEST 1989

Hi,
	In an article earlier this week someone was asking about sprintf
declarations within rn.  The issue was that the common.h header file
declared sprintf returning char *, under System V sprintf is declared as
returning int.  In the case of rn, as far I as know the return value from
sprintf is not used (grep -i sprintf *.c *.h).  Most portable code does not
rely on the return value of sprintf, due to the possible differences in its'
return value.
	This sprintf declaration (along with fseek) problem happened when
I installed rn also, it shouldn't have.  Make sure that you 'make realclean',
remove any config.sh files and run Configure again.  Configure somtimes looks
at the old config.sh for information and will create a new config.sh that is
incorrect.
	I'm running rn patchlevel 40, using GNU C 1.35, on uport System V/386
release 3.0e.  Hope this helps.

Rich P.
rp at rpx
{zycad,osc}!rpx!rp