pmap, mmap, iomap... what unixes are these available on?

John McLendon uccjcm at ecsvax.uncecs.edu
Thu Sep 7 11:42:52 AEST 1989

We're looking at un*x's to move our application to, but we need
to be able to memory map a register based board we produce
into a processes address space. HP has iomap. Sun has mmap
which I presume can do the same thing. Regulus has a non-standard
call that does this. Concurrent does it with mmap.
Does anyone know if AT&T can do this with the latest SYSV/386?
How about other un*x's?
			Thanks in advance...
			John
--
Signed: John McLendon                uunet\
        (919) 846-7931 (home)		   >mcnc!ecsvax!uccjcm