Motherboard Evaluation Form (Draft)

John Plocher plocher at sally.Sun.COM
Thu Sep 21 07:24:14 AEST 1989

In article <1989Sep20.045629.8882 at pcrat.uucp> rick at pcrat.UUCP (Rick Richardson) writes:
>In article <124601 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM> plocher at sun.UUCP (John Plocher) writes:
>>Software testing.  Which software has been this board been tested with?
>>ATT Unix V4.0
>
>John:
>	Is Sun letting you take home copies of SVR4, or what?
>No wonder the OSF was so pissed about the AT&T-Sun alliance.
>I mean, we can't have home hackers getting the latest stuff before
>DEC, HP, IBM, etc., now can we?

I hope there was a :-) in there somewhere, but in case there weren't, some CYA ...

The machine is being used *at work* (it's that or use a slow 16 MHZ WGS6386 :-)
My job is to port Sun's X11/NeWS to Vr4.0 for inclusion on the Unix International
System Vr4.0 source release tapes.  Now, I am a hacker (in the olde form of the
word), and I like to dig into new things, so after using Vr4 for several months now
I can see why OSF would be "so pissed" :-)  But I'd attribute that to envy,
since a major OSF member (HP) has declared that OSF/1 would be "unusable", and
that they would have to wait for OSF/2 sometime in 1992 :-) :-)

  -John (Speaking only for me-self) Plocher