ALR CPU's

David Mutterer dave at rylos.UUCP
Sat Sep 9 06:45:56 AEST 1989

In article <29 at fleet.UUCP>, mel at fleet.UUCP (mel) writes:
> Does anyone have any experience with ALR (Advanced Logic Research) CPU's
> running Xenix.  I see that they have received favorable reviews in some
> of the popular PC magazines but all tests were related to "DOS".

My experience with ALR's has been all bad..... we have three of them and
unless you're running very vanilla software, there is a 50/50 chance
on whether it will run...  I even went as far as sending them back for
engineering upgrades on the motherboards..   but that didn't help.
Maybe I just bought them at a bad time (Jan-Jul '88) ..  I personally
don't see why you should "PAY THE PRICE" when there are so many good
"nonames" that use very good motherboards (like Wedge Tech)...

						- David Mutterer (n2idf)
						{rutgers!}rylos!dave