problem with 386/ix X windows

Steven H. Izen izen at amelia.nas.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 29 13:24:10 AEST 1989

I am having a problem with 386/ix X windows.  Everyonce in a while it seems
like certain events are missed.  When I hotkey over the virtual terminal
from which I started X, there is a message "Problem with ptr:OVERFLOW"
I checked (via /etc/crash command strstat) the status of my streams and there
were no failures there.  I increased the streams parameter anyway, as s
in this newsgroup.  That didn't help.  This has happened under 2.0.1, as
well as 2.0.2.

One other symptom which may be related-Every once in a while, if I close a
csh xterm window by typing exit, the xterm goes away, but it leaves the
window mapped on the screen. I can iconify it, bu that is somewhat annoying.
The only way I know to clean it up is to shut down X and restart it.

Does anyone out there have any clue as to what's going on?

Thanx.
--
Steve Izen: {sun,uunet}!cwjcc!skybridge!izen386!steve
or steve%izen386.uucp at skybridge.scl.cwru.edu
or izen at cwru.cwru.edu		"My second bike is a car."