386-Clones by HIMS Technologies???

ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu
Sun Sep 3 09:57:32 AEST 1989

Does anyone have any comments on 386 clones made by H.I.M.S.
Technologies?  They advertise in the local (SF Bay area) computer rags
selling mail-order. Also, some retailers sell theirs machines with the
HIMS name-plate, and others sell them with private labels. I've  heard
that Whole Earth Access is one of such retailers.

I am considering buying one of their 386 clones. Not only the prices
look good, but they guarantee 386/ix (along with Xenix, OS/2 and
Novell) compatibility. Also, they offer one year on-site service
country-wide.

Any (dis)satisfied HIMS customers out there?

Thanks for any information.