386/ix Curses Problem

Ed Cooley ecooley at sci386.UUCP
Tue Sep 26 04:47:00 AEST 1989

We have a problem using the keypad function on curses.  Seems to work fine
on the console, but when using remote terminals (actually PC with procomm).
The function keys are often returned one character at a time instead of the
fkey codes.  I don't know if this is the cause of the problem, but I use
ungetch() in a function that checks for the presence of a key in the input
buffer.  (If there is a better way to check for keys in the input buffer,
let me know.  I don't feel comfortable with it, but it worked on the console.)

Thanks,

--
 - Ed Cooley                         |   Strategic Concepts, Inc.
   ecooley at sci386.uucp               |   132 Kelly Drive