Problems installing SCSI streamer

Paul Svensson pausv at sssab.se
Fri Sep 1 23:27:36 AEST 1989

I am trying to install an Archive Viper SCSI streamer on a Nimbus 386 running
INTERACTIVE 386/ix.  I have configured and built a UNIX to use SCSI tape, but
when I try to boot it, it hangs just after the copyright messages, printing

<SCSI> error: restart calling dcb_drvint for drive 0

about once every second.  Anyone experienced something similar, or know how to
fix it ?

I'm using a Future Domain V4.0I SCSI controller, whith a CD 94211 hard disk
on SCSI id 0, and the streamer on SCSI id 7.  The streamer is a 2150S. Prom
firmware claims to be revision H, I'm not sure if this is compatible with the
tape(7) manual wording "at least revision 4 level".

The same error occurs always when trying to boot a UNIX built for tape,
whether the drive is there or not, and also when i tried using a 2160S.

If I cannot get the streamer to work, I won't be using the machine, since
backing up to floppies is a pain int the ***.

			/Paul
--
Paul Svensson    Scandinavian System Support    Phone:  +46-(0)13 111660
paul at sssab.se    Box 535       _		Fax:	+46-(0)13 115193